- Necklace & Earring Sets
- Necklaces & Pendants
- Screwback Stud Earrings
- Hoop & Leverback Earrings
- Earring Backs
- Jewelry Cleaning
- White Gold
- Yellow Gold
- Rose Gold
- Sterling Silver
- Custom Jewelry
- Clearance Jewelry!
- Special Offers!
Choosing Chain Lengths for Women
Consider where the wearer is likely to wear the necklace and the clothing that is likely to be worn with it. Some women may wear different lengths for different occasions and seasons. A choker style may look wonderful with a cocktail dress with a scooped neckline but may not fit over a turtleneck sweater. Many women opt for longer necklaces in the winter as bulky clothing may require the extra length. Take the wearer's size into account. A 24 inch necklace on a petite woman may hang down too far just as the same necklace may be ideal for a larger woman. In general, the shorter the necklace, the more important the size. Necklaces that are too short may not fit at all.
- 14" or 36cm - Fits like a choker and wraps closely around the neck
- 16" or 41cm - "Choker Length" wraps loosely around the base of the neck like a collar. On a petite woman it will hit your collarbone while for plus size women it might feel more like a choker.
- 18" or 46cm - "Princess Length" sits just below the throat at the collarbone. This length is popular for adding pendants which will hang over a crew neck.
- 20" or 51cm - "Matinee Length" will rest a few inches below the collarbone. Perfect for a low, plunging neckline or if you want to wear it over a turtleneck.
- 22" or 56cm - Falls at or above a low neckline
- 24" or 61cm - Falls below any neckline